What does it mean to be an entrepreneur?

I found this article today online and it made me laugh. It's so funny I meet people all the time that call them self entrepreneurs but yet they did not give birth to their business they simple took a already made business model and attached the title to their name.  This is what I did personally when I started my first business selling Mary Kay. I thought that was tough! lol Not as tough as starting your own clothing line.... OMG words can not even describe the work put into that. Find a manufacture; build your online store; do you want a store front or only sell on line there was not a "package" like Mary Kay here you go; go sell our make up and you get a % I had actually created another job for my self regardless of me "making my own hours" I was a "small business owner" not an entrepreneur.

I am NOT knocking anyone who sells Mary Kay like I said in my "About Me" section of my blog I learned a lesson from every business or venture I became a part of and/ or started. Also anyone who gets involved in a company like this is in the right direction to becomeing an entrepreneur. I believe strongly that once you start having the mindset of freedom and success new ventures will apear just be ready for them and always TAKE ACTION!!!

Read the article for your self and maybe you can understand where I am coming from!! :) Smooches -MG

Articlefound: Ezinearticles
The subject of being an entrepreneur is so popular lately that you will not only find almost an infinite amount of hits on Google for this word, there is also a popular magazine with this word as its title. However, there is a great deal of argument about what exactly an entrepreneur is.

A fundamental aspect of being an entrepreneur is being in business for yourself or in other words, being a business owner. As in all businesses, this can mean providing physical products, services or a combination of these. Usually these are sold for money to customers or clients, but they also can be traded or bartered for. Until fairly recently, this was carried out by what was (and still is in many cases), shop owners, merchants, vendors and professionals. However, being one of these and carrying out the fundamental aspect of being a business owner, does not make one an entrepreneur.

Being an entrepreneur requires additional dynamics than just being a business owner. The best way to describe this is through an allegory - being an entrepreneur is like being a parent. First, there has to be a pregnancy, there has to be a conception. In the case of having an actual child, this is usually easier than conceiving an entrepreneurial business. The entrepreneur has to have a vision and also a passion about a particular business idea and then has to turn the idea and all that is involved with it into a physical and operational reality. This business "baby" will not automatically grow in some womb. The entrepreneur has to be the total architect, engineer and technician to give birth to his/her idea.

Of course, like a parent, it doesn't end with giving birth. Both the baby and the fledgling business must be well nurtured and cared for so they can become viable and successful. Like a parent, the entrepreneur must be extremely committed, physically and mentally. This parenting dynamic is key in being a true and hopefully successful entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment