Tasty Tuesday: Raisin Pie



I had a BLAST making this pie and I made the crust a bit different then the directions suggested I made the dough into strips and layered them instead of putting the entire layer of dough I cut them into strips with a pizza cutter... I was pretty nervous about making this pie but I LOVE a challenge and trying new things...

Make one post a photo and let me know what you think about it :)

 





Ingredients
2 Cups Raisins
2 Cups water
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon butter
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie

  Directions

  1. Combine raisins and water in a small saucepan. Boil 5 minutes. Blend brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together; add to hot raisins. Cook and stir until syrup is clear. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar and butter or margarine. Cool slightly.
  2. Turn filling into a pastry lined pan. Cover with top crust. Seal edges, and cut slits in the top crust.
  3. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.



"MOM + ENTREPRENEUR = MOMMAPRENEUR" 

 Photobucket Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment